Acrylic, also known as PMMA or plexiglass, sub-additive, is a kind of plastic polymer material with advantages: good transparency, chemical stability and weather resistance, easy dyeing, easy processing, and beautiful appearance. A wide variety of acrylic products includes acrylic plates, acrylic plastic pellets, acrylic light boxes, signs, acrylic bathtubs, acrylic marble, acrylic resin, acrylic (latex) paint, acrylic adhesives, and other products. Acrylic is increasingly widely applied in the construction industry, lighting engineering, instrument parts, car lights, optical lenses, and transparent pipes.
Advantages and disadvantages of acrylic
Acrylic is the best new titanium material after ceramics can manufacture sanitary ware. Compared with traditional ceramic materials, acrylic has the advantages of high brightness, good toughness, not easy to break, substantial repair, soft texture, bright color, and others; At the same time, acrylic production is complex and high cost, so it processing requirements gap is also huge according to different market demand for high and middle products.
Acrylic three-polishing process
Acrylic polishing is an essential process of finished product processing; after cutting the section is rough, to restore gloss and transparency, it is necessary to polish acrylic; the following are 3 commonly used polishing processes.
(1) Flame polishing process
The edge of the acrylic product is polished at a high temperature (800-3000dc). The edge of the acrylic product is polished by flame, and the effect is bright. This less effective polishing process is based on using an alcohol-fueled spray gun flame to burn the rough surface to achieve a polished effect. Advantages are low processing cost, fast speed, saving time, suitability for not very high requirements, and relatively cheap acrylic products.
(2) Polishing process of the cloth wheel
The polishing effect is much better than flame polishing. The advantage is that it can polish the plane and the irregular acrylic display rack. The disadvantage is that it is a manual operation, and the polishing can not be much at once. Suitable for high-demand acrylic products and other products, sometimes also with diamond polishing used together to achieve the best results.
(3) Diamond polishing process
With professional semi-automatic polishing equipment, the advantage is high efficiency, especially in polishing flat acrylic surfaces, acrylic display racks, plexiglass display racks, and so on. To polish, use the diamond polishing machine with a PCD / MCD diamond polishing knife. When polishing the surface, we will also provide a customized single-crystal diamond ball knife for polishing the inner groove of the surface according to the processing requirements of customers. As shown in the picture.
Acrylic diamond polishing knife selection
A special cutter (milling cutter) is installed in the polishing machine; we used to call it an acrylic polishing knife; this kind of knife can trim and polish acrylic, plexiglass, light guide plate, and other organic plates, even up to highlight mirror affection, It can also be used for polarizing sheets, backlight sheet, plexiglass frosted edge processing, quick wear-resistant chip removal.
When used for highlight polishing and precision machining of an acrylic, organic sheet, the set of tools generally comprises two rough knives and a fine milling cutter or a rough knife and a fine knife. The cutting edge material of coarse tool is polycrystalline diamond PCD; The cutting edge material of fine knife is generally single crystal diamond.
PCD diamond rough polishing knife: sharp tip, good chip removal, clamped in the upper No.1 and No. 2 cutter position cutter for rough polishing processing.
PCD diamond fine finishing knife: double circular cutting with straight edge polishing, mounted on the cutter head No. 3 cutter position for fine polishing. (Two cutter positions are clamped to No. 2 cutter positions)
MCD / SCD single crystal diamond fine polishing knife: It is clamped to the No. 3 cutter position on the cutter head for fine polishing processing to achieve the apparent mirror effect.
For a single crystal diamond tool, the tool after polishing treatment, the diamond surface forms an arc shape, polished out of the acrylic sheet without a cloth wheel, and can directly achieve a mirror effect, crystal clear; the other advantage of the fine knife is convenient grinding, just grinding straight edge can achieve the highlight effect, which significantly saves the grinding cost, and increases the service life.
Tool use and maintenance precautions
(1) Do not touch the tool head with your fingers or any items. Although the hardness of Jingan is very high, even a slight touch will cause damage to the cutting edge, resulting in the tool can not be used. Because a hard particle or even dust hitting the blade at high speed is enough to damage the blade.
(2) Wear in the process of use, can be detected through the microscope, if within the range of repairable, can be repeatedly grinding multiple reuse cost savings, if beyond the range of measurable wear, need to replace the tool.
(3)Because of the large brittleness and sharp blade, it is easy to suffer edge broken, so as far as possible in the balance, there is no vibration of the working conditions to use. At the same time, it should also be as far as possible to improve the whole system's workpiece and tool rigidity and rigidity and increase its vibration reduction ability. Cutting dosage should not exceed 0.05mm.
(4) High cutting speed can reduce cutting force, while low cutting speed can increase cutting force, thus accelerating tool collapse failure. Therefore, the cutting speed should not be too low when a diamond tool works.
(5) Try not to make the diamond contact with the workpiece or other complex objects in the static state so as not to hurt the cutting edge of the tool, do not stop the machine before the cutting tool leaves the workpiece.
(6) A diamond tool's blade is easily damaged. When the blade does not work, it should be protected with a rubber or plastic cap and prevented from being stored in a separate knife box. Before each use, the blade should be wiped clean with alcohol before working.
(7) The detection of diamond tools adopts non-contact measurement methods such as optical instruments. During the inspection and installation, optical instruments can detect the installation Angle. During the detection, copper gaskets or plastic products can be placed between the tool and the testing instrument to avoid damage to the back of the blade, thus improving the service time of the tool.
(8) Keep the tool clean after work, and use standard industrial solvents to remove the dirt stuck to the tool.
(9) Do not change the tool type from the tool sharpening tool without authorization because every grinding process needs professional grinding equipment and skilled grinding skills. Otherwise, it is easy to cause knife edge fracture, resulting in accidents.
Contact: Nina Qiao
Add: AUX Industry,Zhengzhou City,Henan Province,China