The ball end milling cutter is a similar ball head of knives and blade assembly on the machine, used for milling various surfaces and circular arc grooves. Ball end milling cutters, also known as R cutters, use unique ball shapes to help extend tool life and improve cutting and feed speeds.
The advantages of a ball end milling cutter are many: the blade of an extensive R Angle is stronger than the sharp Angle of the end milling cutter and not easy to collapse; that is, the life is more stable than the end milling cutter. In addition, for 3D processing, the machining area of the ball cutter is the R Angle blade, and the machining distance and the cutting depth can use greater values while improving the processing efficiency; it also improves the quality of the machining surface.
Ball end milling cutter is one of the most widely used tools in surface cutting. The surface milling process of the ball end milling cutter is complex, involving many parameters, and each other also affects each other, so it is difficult to accurately describe the operation of the knife cutting the workpiece. Cutting tool vibration is an important factor affecting the quality of the machining surface.
Characteristics of ball end milling cutter
The actual use of the ball knife is generally an integral structure, and the workpiece won’t break the blade; the processing of a 3D surface (curved surface) has an excellent milling effect but also can process the narrow depression area. But the most significant difference between the ball knife and the round nose knife is that no matter how high the speed is, the center of the ball knife is always static; the center part and the workpiece are not milling but grinding. Hence, the tip of the ball knife part is easy to wear; at the same time, due to the characteristics of the blade, in the processing of a relatively flat workpiece, the ball knife processing surface will be somewhat rough. Hence, the ball knife is not conducive to the processing of the flat workpiece。
Ball end milling cutter uses
Ball end milling cutters can die steel, cast iron, carbon steel, alloy steel, tool steel, and available iron, which belong to end milling cutters. Ball end milling cutters can generally operate in a high-temperature environment. The maximum temperature for maintaining cutting performance is 450-550/500-600 degrees Celsius.
The use of a ball head knife can obtain a more stable processing state: the use a ball head knife processing, the cutting Angle is continuously changed, with almost no mutation phenomenon, so that the difference of cutting force is a constant change process, which can ensure that the cutting state is more stable, higher surface finish.
A ball-end milling cutter is an ideal tool for surface processing. It applies for finishing and semi-finishing: we use the spindle motor resistance to axial force is poor, so, generally can not use a ball head knife for rough machining (axial cutting force is too large), and in semi-finishing, the use of ball head knife is excellent. After semi-finishing with the ball head knife, the processing residue is less, which is more conducive to the following finishing. The path spacing of semi-finishing is generally two of the spacing of finishing. If it is the method of using parallel transversal, it is best to go 90 degrees with the direction of finishing cutting.
Ball end milling cutter reduces the actual cutting radius: just like the use of an ox nose knife, the use of a ball end cutter reduces the actual cutting diameter, reduces the cutting line speed, reduces the cutting power and cutting torque when cutting, more conducive to spindle motor in a better state of processing.
The use of a ball milling cutter should pay attention to the problem
(1) Minimize the use of tool-tip machining workpiece: in the tip position, in the actual processing, the processing line speed is 0; that is to say, the tool is not in cutting but in grinding; in the primary processing, the coolant added to the cutting area, which leads to more missing heat, tool life decline.
(2) For the straight wall, it is best to use the equal height shape processing method to minimize the phenomenon of ball head knife processing down the straight wall. Machining up the straight wall is an excellent method, but separating them in the actual machining is difficult.
(3) Pay attention to the processing of deep grooves: in the processing of deep grooves, the tool may completely sink because the chip slot of the ball head knife is relatively tiny; in the processing of sticky materials (such as copper), feed speed is fast, it is easy to break the blade. Therefore, we should focus on chip removal when processing the ball head knife.
PCD ball end milling cutter, with strong stability, can process the mirror highlight effect, chip smooth, and at the same time can reduce cutting resistance, effectively improving the processing efficiency. The PCD cutting aims to solve the complex alloy cutting tool that is challenging to process the workpiece.
PCD ball end milling cutter is mainly used for processing and milling various non-ferrous metals, such as gold, silver, copper, aluminum alloy, zinc alloy, etc. Non-metallic materials; Acrylic; PC; PVC; End face and side arc of plastic, and other materials. Can achieve the mirror highlight effect.
Features of ZY pcd ball end milling cutter:
1. standard milling tool, using hard alloy matrix welding PCD.
2. conventional flat, round nose, and ball end milling cutters are available in stock.
3. suitable for conventional milling processing applications.
4. the tool diameter covers φ1.0-φ16.
5. for non-standard, customized according to the drawing.
Contact: Nina Qiao
Add: AUX Industry,Zhengzhou City,Henan Province,China